The first business to occupy the current Big Tap, formerly a creamery storage building, was Punk's Tap Room, opened by current owner Mike Bennett's grandfather Palmer "Punk" Anderson in 1951.  In 1970 it was sold to Russ and Violet Isensee, who renamed it The Big Tap.  It was then sold to Jim and Donna Erickson, who in turn sold it to their son Brad Erickson.  Brad completed the first expansion to the 800 square foot Big Tap in 1985, doubling the size.  In 1995 Brad sold the bar to Gary and Michele Frazer. The Frazers completed two more expansions, adding a grill and fryer for the first time. They sold The Big Tap to Mike and Colleen Bennett in December 2007.

     The Big Tap currently offers dinner specials and has "The Best Burgers" in the area. There is also a fenced backyard where smoking and non-smoking customers can enjoy a drink outdoors, and where there is occasionally a band under the pavilion.